1.17.2009

LINGER


Linger, originally uploaded by Through His Eyes.

Saturday morning. And I am alone at home today. The quietness in every corner of our apartment. The sound of chimes from one of our neighbors' balcony. The strong wind that throws our curtains with glee. And the heart, my heart, that is longing to be touched by Thee.

Today is my sister's birthday. I wish B and I were in Manila to celebrate with them. Whilst I know that there won't be any grand party of that sort but the stories I have heard in the past days or so makes the concerns I carry in pale comparison to what matters most in life - relationships, people you love.

I am on another quest for a better job. What is a better job? I no longer know. As I spend day after day inside a four walled office, I begin to realize that a job is nothing more than a task at hand. Nothing special. Nothing that sparks. For a brief painful moment, I felt that I have been deprived of the true value of the word career. Well, I believe my God is in the business of giving me life and life in abundance. For which, it includes the abundance of peace and joy on a growing career. Nevertheless, as I wait upon Him, I rest and I know that it is finished. It is mine. The form perhaps does not matter. Yet, the moment its manifestation I see, I would know, for it would have nothing but the fingerprints of my God.

And so now I linger. I linger to the warm embrace of a Father who has given all. And I heard Him say as I lifted my hands in worship during our ministry's first meeting: "I who have not spared my Son, will I not FREELY give you ALL things?"

Freely He gives.
Freely I receive.

Not bound my what people says. Not blinded by the circumstance of the world.

The cold breeze freely enters our house. No boundaries. No limits. Freely. And freely I surrender the strength of my emotions, the depths of my thoughts, and the stubbornness of my will. My soul I surrender in exchange to linger with Thee.

a.t.

No comments: