"Don't ask yourself what the world needs.
Ask yourself what makes you come alive, AND GO DO THAT,
because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
- John Eldredge, Wild At Heart
My friend, whom I consider my bestfriend in my current company, has decided to tender her resignation. She filed last Friday but after her discussion with our boss, she decided to take some time to think her decisions over - and now, she considers it final. She is moving to another country to take further studies, studies that in reality would not add much value in her professional CV but would definitely expand her heart.
Personally, I have mixed emotions about her decisions. I told her, as she sought my advice, that if I were to be selfish ofcourse I wouldn't want her to leave. She is the only person I consider as a pillar in this trying times; she is the only person who walks closely with me as I journey through this valley. Nevertheless, I know in my heart that this is good for her. This is God's will for her. And I can see everything within her yearns for this chance to pursue what she really wanted, to pursue something that we can consider her portion in the vineyard.
I am happy for my friend.
On the other hand, I find myself in surrender. I don't want to feel much anymore. Neither do I want to think much. I choose to make myself lost in the depth of His peace. I do not understand why and how. I am clueless as to when and why. I am still certain of my heart's desire, and desiring I am confident that He remains true to His Word.
I long to see Him.
I long to see His move.
I long to see His hands.
I long to His face.
But I know that all these can only happen as I remain at rest and be led by His peace.
a.t.
No comments:
Post a Comment